Better question: do you even have a first aid kit?
If so, is it store bought, or did you piece it together like we did? Do you take it everywhere, or do you only pack it in certain situations? We take our kit backpacking and on the road with us.
If you don’t have a first aid kit, the list below should be a decent start.
Our kit contains the following materials, carefully prepared by my wife, the physician assistant:
(4) 4 in. x 4 in. gauze pads
(1) 3 in. x 3 in. gauze pad
(1) 2 in. x 3 in. gauze pad
(1) 2 in. x 2 in. gauze pad
(6) medium butterfly closures
(17) Band-Aids of various sizes
(1) ace bandage
(2) rolls of medical tape
(2) blister bandages
(1) Aquaphor healing ointment
(1) pair of latex gloves
(1) 4 in. x 75 in conforming stretch bandage
(2) 2 in. x 75 in. conforming stretch bandage
(14) sting relief pads
(2) cleansing wipes
(1) 1 fl. oz. sunscreen
(1) Advil PM
(1) Benadryl itch relief stick
(1) 1/2 oz. Neosporin
And a few miscellaneous non-first aid related items:
(1) permanent marker
(4) AAA batteries (our headlamps take AAAs)
All of that good stuff fits snugly in this nifty Eagle Creek bag:
What do you think? Too much? Too little?
Let me know if you have any questions, and I’ll be sure to (ask my wife for) help.